L-5-MTHF Ca can be used in Food fortification: Enriching the nutritional value of multivitamin blends, flour, dairy products, beverages, infant and baby food formulae.
Conversion of folic acid to folate involves a lengthy process inside the body. Fifty percent of the general population has limited capacity to convert folic acid to folate. The metabolised form i.e. L-Methyl folate Ca is the readily available form for efficient absorption.
Calcium salt of L-5MTHF is the only salt form with a USP drug product monograph. LMF is an essential nutraceutical vitamin analogue taken as a dietary supplement for below health support:
Significance of L-5-MTHF Ca:
- Gynaecology: Essential for the production of DNA and hence required during pregnancy.
- Birth defects: Can reduce the risk of neural tube defects, such as Spina bifida.
- Essential for the production of red blood cells.
- Cognitive performance:Enhances the synthesis of acetylcholine, the neurotransmitter associated with memory.
- Cardiac health: Converts the amino acid homocysteine to methionine and therefore regulates homocysteine concentrations
- Therapeutic indications: Adjunctive treatment for Depression, Anaemia, Spina bifida
Certifications and regulatory status of L-5-MTHF Ca:
- USP grade
- Non- animal origin
- Kosher and Halal certified
- Folate content: Above 90%
- GMP compliance