The Hibiscus flower powder comes from Africa, more precisely Egypt where it is grown in controlled organic cultivation. In Africa, Hibiscus powder is most popular in preparing sweet tea. In Sudan and Egypt this is known as Karkadeh. In Senegal and Burkina Faso this tea is known as Bissap, in Mali as Dableni and in Cameroon as Folleré. Outside of Africa the plant can also be found in Asia and the Caribbean.
Africrops Hibiscus powder is made from the calyx, not the leaves of the Hibiscus flower as is often assumed. As the seeds mature, the calyx becomes fleshy and gets their typical, deep-red colour. Africrops Hibiscus powder is a naturally dried and finely ground product made from the flowers of the hibiscus plant (Hibiscussabdariffa L.). No other additives have been added to the product and it has not been further processed. It is 100% natural and organically produced. Africrops offer hibiscus in the form of finely ground powder or as roughly cut petals (sifting). The valuable plant pigments, anthocyanins ensure the strong colour of the flowers. In addition to phytochemicals, hibiscus flowers also contain high levels of vitamin C. Africrops Hibiscus powder is vegan, gluten-free and raw food quality.
Application in different products:
Africrops Hibiscus powder is very versatile and can be used pure or as an ingredient. Hibiscus flower powder acts as a very good option as a floral flavour in the food and beverage industry.
- Africrops Hibiscus flower powder is being widely used to make refreshing drinks, syrups, hibiscus jellies, jams and hibiscus flower powder flavored fruit pastes.
- Herbal teas
- Africrops Hibiscus powder can be used in Smoothies, lemonades, iced tea, ice cream, desserts and pralines, yogurt and quark dishes, cakes and pastries, vital bars, muesli mixes, spice mixes and spice salts.
- Cosmetics Industry
- Skincare Industry
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Africrops Hibiscus powder is helpful to fight against various diseases, such as inflammation and diabetes.
- Africrops Hibiscus powder extract showed an antimicrobial effect against numerous pathogenic bacteria, therefore diminishing the risk of several infectious diseases.
- Increasing the demand for hibiscus flower powder in type 2 diabetes treatment.
- Remedy for urinary tract infections.
- Stir 1 teaspoon of the powder into smoothies, drinks, desserts or yoghurt.
- Mixed with water to make a delicious refreshing drink.
- For cakes or biscuits add 1 to 2 tablespoons to the dough, depending on your taste.
Content: 100% pure Hibiscus-Flower Powder or Sifting (Hibiscus sabdariffa L.)