Alojas Starkelsen Organic Brown Pea Starch Concentrate contains 15-17% raw functional protein, which is higher than wheat flour protein. This Organic Brown Pea Starch Concentrate is perfect for gluten-free baking, extruded snacks, pellets, noodles and pasta as a single ingredient. It can also be used as flour improvers in wheat based baking which increases the protein value of the bread. With higher dosage it can even act as egg replacement in baking.
The main advantage of brown peas is the mild taste profile compared to yellow or green peas, but at the same time similar or even higher protein content. The core of brown peas is light yellowish so with dehulling the brown color and any bitter taste is lost. After cooking or other sufficient heat treatment dehulled peas have a nice nutty and slightly sweet taste.
- Improve wheat flour nutritionally and functionally.
- Replace animal proteins in wheat based products.
- Replace wheat flour in gluten-free products.
- Improve protein content of a gluten-free blend.
- Develop a high protein bakery product.
Benefits of organic brown pea flour:
- Gluten free
- High protein content compared to cereal flours
- Contains functional raw protein and native starch
- Pleasant taste profile compared to yellow and green peas, with a mild, nutty taste
- EU Origin
- Traditional European crops
- Increased nutritional quality when combined with grain flours.
GMO statement: Product is not subject to GMO.