Moringa powder is made from the freshly harvested leaves of the Moringa oleifera tree. Fresh Moringa powder has a deep green colour and a rich nutty smell. It is easily soluble in water.
The Moringa leaves are carefully washed, shadow dried under controlled atmospheric conditions and then the dried Moringa leaves are grind into powder. The Moringa powder is used in a wide range of products from the dietary supplements to the smoothie mixes. Heat is not applied in any stage of the processing and thus the nutrient values of the leaf are retained.
Moringa (Moringa oleifera Lam.) is tropical deciduous Perennial trees, height can reach up to 10 meters. The tree is native to India but has been planted around the world. Moringa contains balanced and rich nutrients, The leaves contain all essential amino acids and are rich in protein, vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, and minerals. It is one of the richest sources of essential nutrients often lacking in people’s diets.
Comparison of non-oxidised Moringa leaf powder and oxidised Moringa leaf powder
The non-oxidised Moringa leaf powder has a strong fragrance, which can be smelled after opening the package, with a slight matcha flavour.
The oxidised moringa leaf powder has a strong medicinal taste, without the fragrance of matcha, and the taste is bitter.
- Moringa Extract inhibits the growth of gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria.
- In high concentration Moringa Leaf Extract inhibits the growth of fungus.
- It acts as potent antitubercular and used to cure liver diseases.
- Moringa Extract accelerates the heart beats and constrict the blood vessels.
- Moringa Seed Extract inhibits the tone and movements of involuntary movements of the gastrointestinal tract.