GPI PB6745 is a high fiber food grade Carrageenan blend, used as a texturizer for Jackfruit Pepperoni. This product is perfect with Kappa Foods’ Roasted Jackfruit.
Benefits of GPI PB6745:
- Extremely fine in particle size and is also highly dispersible making it ideal being used as an extender to increase yields.
- As a stabilizer, to control purge or syneresis in further-processed meat products.
Ingredients: Carrageenan (Processed Eucheuma Seaweed E407a), potassium chloride (E508 for standardization) and maltodextrin (for standardization).
Recommended Dosage Level:
0.30% to 1.50% by total weight of the finished product during processing and before cooking.
Suggested Application Recipe: Vegan Jackfruit Pizza Topping
- Add ice water to a vacuum bowl chopper. Mix GPI PB6745 blended with ice water and chop it. The mass should be approximately 5°C.
- Add the vegetable oil and mix to get a good emulsion. Add the Jackfruit and chop until the desired size.
- Fill the batter into plastic or semi-permeable casings using a vacuum stuffer.
- Cook at 90°C under steam until 80°C core temperature. Chill jackfruit salami to 4°C.
- Slice jackfruit salami and place on top of pizza. Bake in the oven at 205°C.
Conforms to the FAO/WHO (JECFA), Canada Food and Drugs Act, U.S. FDA, EU Regulations and the Food Chemicals Codex Standards.