GPI 520 is a food grade Carrageenan used as a food additive and an excellent solution to stabilize in further processed meat and poultry emulsion-type products by controlling purge or syneresis, and as an extender to increase pre-cook and post-cook yields.
Benefits of GPI 520:
- Enhance texture of processed meat and poultry products
- Improve texture or bite
- Increase product juiciness
- Improve shelf stability
- Yield improvement
- Formulation cost reduction
Suggested Application Recipe: 70% Extended MDM Hotdog; 30% Extended Bologna
Recommended Dosage Level:
0.40% to 1.50% by total weight of the finished product during processing and before cooking.
Procedure for MDM Hotdog:
- Place chicken MDM, ground pork, seasoning, SAPP, colour and 1/3 of the water into the bowl cutter and cut at halfspeed for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add remaining water and ISP to cutter. Cut at full speed for another 1 minute. Add GPI 520, dextrose (GPI 520 can dry blend with dextrose first) and potato starch.
- Cut at full speed for another 2 minutes or until reaches desired emulsion consistency.
- Vacuum stuff in cellulose casing and water cook at 80°C for 15 to 30 minutes or until core temperature reaches 70°C.
Conforms to the FAO/WHO (JECFA), Canada Food and Drugs Act, U.S. FDA, EU Regulations and the Food Chemicals Codex Standards.