GPI 2425 is a food-grade blend of Carrageenan and Konjac-gum designed to create optimum binding in plant-based meats. Carrageenan, and konjac gum are excellent solutions to stabilize meat analogues, such as plant-based ham, meat balls by controlling purge or syneresis, and as an extender to enhance desirable texture resembling traditional analogues.
Benefits of GPI 2425:
- Impart hardness or firmness in plant-based meat analogues.
- Enhance texture and juiciness.
- As a stabilizer, to control purge or syneresis
- Suitable for plant-based diets
- Formulation cost reduction
Suggested Application Recipe: Plant-Based Ham, Plant-Based Meatballs (15% Protein)
Recommended Dosage Level: 1.00% to 3.00% by total weight in the finished product
Procedure for meat balls:
- Combine TVP and natural colour and hydrate the mix with half of the total water.
- Allow TVP to hydrate for 1 to 2 hours or overnight for full hydration.
- Combine all other dry ingredients and sprinkle into hydrated TVP. Mix using a mechanical mixer while adding all the remaining water.
- Add oil and mix for another 3 to 5 minutes at low to medium speed. Form batter into meatballs.
- Cook meatballs in the oven with moisture at 95°C for 30 to 45 minutes to induce hardening prior to using them as meat substitute in other food preparations.
- Uncooked meatballs can also be chilled or frozen for later cooking and consumption.
Conforms to the FAO/WHO (JECFA), Canada Food and Drugs Act, U.S. FDA, EU Regulations and the Food Chemicals Codex Standards.