Ingredient Sourcing and Knowledge Database
We work with suppliers to source imaginative ingredients of great quality, fit for purpose to achieve the best results for the application. We have over 1000 ingredients on our stock from over 50 different suppliers including specialist flavour houses and the list is growing all the time. We tap into their knowledge as well as published and independent research to be ahead of the curve on trends and new ingredients.
Upscaling & Contract Manufacturing including sourcing of the right co-packing partner.
As a first step from a kitchen scale before you go to commercial production, we can provide small pilot scale processed batches of samples in a variety of options.
- HTST or Pasteurised Vegan Or Dairy Drinks: Trial samples of 5-10 L of chilled product produced under indirect HTST (high-temperature short time) conditions with high pressure homogenization. Packed via a laminar flow cabinet into 250ml PET bottles with a shelf life up to 4 weeks.
- Ambient low pH Drinks (Glass Bottles): Laboratory trial samples of 1-3L with low or no carbonation can be produced in 250ml capped glass bottles for low pH drinks. Larger commercial trials of 500L can be made with various shapes and sizes of bottles and closures if the neck diameter is 26mm (crown cap) or 28/29mm fo a screw cap.
- Ambient Canned Drinks: Laboratory trials include samples of 2.5-3L per product which translates to 10-20 cans of finished product. Trial samples can be made in 250ml/150ml slim cans for any range of recipes and can include cold and hot brewing, Initial factory trial quantities to validate a recipe would be 2000 units (if a later order is confirmed for at least 25000 units at the same time).
- Powder Blends/Meal Replacements: Laboratory trials include samples of 2.5-3kg per powdered product packed into a range of pouch sizes. Our co-packer can blend and volumetric fill a range of powders and granules into various mediums such as pouches, jars or bottles in various sizes.
- Commercial UHT Ambient Dairy Or Plant Based Drinks: Large scale trial products can be produced with associated co-packers in various Tetrapak formats from 200ml to 1L with minimum validation quantities of 3000L and commercial volumes of 10,000L – 25000L required.
- Ambient Liquid Pouches: Small quantities of chilled or ambient drinks products in pouches for testing are also available for non-commercial use.
- New NPD Production Processes: Our team of food & drink experts have technical, operational, commercial, and strategic skills and knowledge which we have developed from years of working at senior levels in the food industry. We can assist with new processing line implementation, business strategy, management accounting, skills and training and government funding initiatives to help brands achieve their growth ambitions
We can assess your recipe and make sure it is commercial and scalable before sharing it, with your permission, with the potential manufacturer. We make sure you are targeting the right manufacturer that can produce the right product for you and hit your shelf-life targets and has the right processing and packing capability.
We have a large UK database of manufacturers that we work closely with and have proven routes to market to get your products manufactured at the right scale when you are ready to commercially produce. We work with food manufacturers across the UK & Europe – don’t hesitate to have a call with us today. We can help!