Food fortification is the practice of deliberately increasing the content of vitamins and minerals in a food product, to improve the nutritional value of the food and provide a public health benefit.
Micronutrients/nutrients are added to food to improve or maintain the quality of diet of a group, community or population.
Anthem offers USP grade vitamins that can be used in fortified flour and dairy food fortifications.
- Wheat and maize are an important constituent of the diet in many parts of the world – that is why strategic flour fortification is seen as an effective way of improving people’s health status around the globe.
- Milk and Milk products are good carriers for micronutrient fortification.
Health benefits of L-5-Methyl tetrahydrofolate Ca USP/Vitamin B9
(see also our product: Anthem Biosciences – L-5-Methyl tetrahydrofolate Ca)
- Important nutrient in pregnancy and neonatal growth
- Supports bone health
- Important vitamin in the formation of DNA and RNA
- Supports mental health
Health benefits of Menaquinone-7/Vitamin K2
(see also our product: Anthem Biosciences – Menaquinone-7/Vitamin K2)
- Important vitamin for healthy heart and bones
- Increases Bone mineralization.
- Lowers risk of osteoporosis
- Lowers risk of thrombosis, heart attacks, lung embolism and strokes