Made from hand-picked fruits of the baobab tree. The fruits come from certified organic wild stocks. The inside / the dried fruit pulp is grounded into a fine powder.
Africrops Organic Baobab fruit powder is a naturally dried product made from the endocarp of the baobab (Adansonia digitata L.). No other additives are added to the product and have not been further processed. Africrops Organic Baobab fruit powder is 100% natural and biologically controlled. Africrops Organic Baobab powder can be used in food and beverages. It is recognized by the Novel Food Regulation.
Africrops Organic Baobab powder has a pleasantly sweet and sour taste. It is vegan, gluten-free and raw food quality and can be integrated into the daily menu in many ways like beverages, smoothies, yoghurts, quark, dressings, soups, sauces, chocolate, chocolate fillings, pastries, cakes, muesli and porridge, nut and vital bars, fruit desserts and creams.
Africrops Organic Baobab fruit pulp powder has a pectin content of about 20%, which is much higher than other fruit pulps. It can be a replacement for commercial pectin It can be used in manufacturing of jams on commercial scale. Mineral composition makes baobab powder an ideal ingredient for an isotonic beverage.
Ingredients: 100% pure Baobab-powder (Adansonia digitata L.)
- Functional foods and beverages like energy bars and Sport drinks
- Fruit smoothies, ice creams, sauces, chocolate
- Soft drinks, fruit juices, milk
- Bakery products like cookies, snacks, pasta, and bread
- Dairy products like yogurt and shakes
- Nutritional supplements
- as replacement for commercial pectin
- Africrops Organic Baobab powder has incredible concentration vitamins (six times more than oranges), minerals, fiber and antioxidants.
- The high presence of Vitamin C, Thiamine (Vitamin B1) and Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6) contribute to yield energy in the body, boost the immune system and reduce fatigue. Vitamin C increases the absorption of Iron and Calcium.
- The high fibre content benefits the digestive and intestinal system.
- The high antioxidant and anti-inflammatory capacity of polysaccharides can aid in inflammation reduction.
- Contains more Iron than in red meat
- Low in sugar and fat
- The high levels of potassium, calcium and magnesium should be emphasized, which, together with the antioxidants are in great demand by ambitious athletes and nutrition-conscious people.
The nutritional profile and properties of the Africrops Organic Baobab Powder makes it an interesting new ingredient for the food, nutraceutical, beverage and cosmetic industries. It can be used in a variety of formulations to provide nutritional fortification, flavor enhancement, viscosity, texture modification and a natural source of nutrients.
1 tablespoon (approx. 12 g) in 250 ml of liquid or in other dishes which provides approx. 5 g of fibre and 20 mg of vitamin C.