After the extraction of Baobab Seed, the remaining fruit pulp and funicles are milled and sieved to produce a fine white powder. Our Baobab Fruit Pulp Powder is 100% natural, organic certified and ready for consumption.
Food and Beverage Applications:
• Baobab Fruit Pulp Powder can be used as a nutritional supplement in breakfast yogurts, granola bowls, shakes, smoothies, baked goods and homemade sauces.
• Product Developers use baobab powder in new products like juices, cereal bars, yogurts and ice creams to add nutritional value, flavour and texture to end products.
• It has a versatile flavour, is a functional ingredient, and contains intense nutritional values. It also adds a delicious and potent tangy citric flavour which can work for both sweet and savoury recipes.
• Baobab Powder is easily dissolvable in water, yet can create a thick dry consistency making it an excellent thickening and texturising agent.
Nutritional value of Baobab powder:
• A properly functioning immune system with reduced inflammation thanks to the antioxidant properties of Vitamin C
• Regular bowel movements and decreased risks of constipation thanks to the high fibre content which nourishes the microbiome and keeps the gut flora in balance. Fibre can also promote the feeling of fullness and therefore aid with weight loss
• Maintained nerve and muscle function thanks to the Magnesium content
• Reduce blood pressure and water retention thanks to the Potassium content
• Strong bones and teeth thanks to the Calcium content
100 g of our Baobab powder contains / is equivalent to:
• as much Vitamin C as in 2.7 oranges
• as much Dietary Fibre as in 10.8 cups of cooked oatmeal
• as much Calcium as in 1 cup of whole milk
• as much Iron as in 10.6 cups of spinach
• as much Potassium as in 4 medium bananas
• as much Magnesium as 57 almonds/2 handfuls of almonds